Outdoor Learning Advanced Workshop: Developing an Outdoor and Experiential Learning Culture
The workshop is practical, interactive and discussive, with quality time spent in the outdoor environment applying theory, concepts and activity ideas.
• Sharing our stories – what we do and how we do it at our school (pre-prepared short presentation).
• Exploring pedagogy, core models and philosophies that support outdoor learning.
• Using what already exists – a fresh eyes approach to looking at all of our environments, apparatus, skills and resources for great outdoor learning.
• What could/should/does happen beyond the school gates.
• Practical – in small teams, delegates are provided with a host of source material, lesson plans and activities and are tasked with designing and delivering a short outdoor learning session around a key theme.
• Curriculum mapping – how to weave outdoor learning across areas of co-curricula, cross-curricular and extra-curricular activity.
• Technology as a force for good in the outdoor environment.
• Managing our intellectual, physical, virtual and digital resources.
• Assessing and managing risk across all aspects of our outdoor learning.
• Action Learning Projects – delegates will be encouraged to form small action learning sets beyond the workshop from which to agree, plan and implement a shared project in their own respective schools. An on-line portal will be available for delegates to share, update and feedback to each other on progress and outcomes.
Event Document: 817-Outdoor-Learning-Advanced-Workshop-30-03-17.pdf
Booking online only
Ratcliffe College, Fosse Way, Ratcliffe on the Wreake, Leicester, LE7 4SG
- Thursday 30 March 2017
Helen Wycherley (Courses and Conferences Administrator)
Tel: 01926 461507
Cost: £199.00Book Now