Chat GPT and AI in education - What is it and what does it mean for your students and staff?
The free artificial intelligence chatbot ChatGPT has been attracting global headlines since its launch in November last year due to its ability to produce plausible essays on an array of subjects. Education officials in New York City started blocking the impressive but controversial writing tool earlier in January, with teachers struggling to identify work produced by the AI tool rather than by their students.
IAPS' Digital Innovation Group has responded to the issue by organising this free webinar for IAPS members.
- Introduction to ChatGPT and its capabilities: Provide an overview of what ChatGPT is and how it can be used in education, including examples of tasks that it can automate or assist with.
- Summary of concerns around risk: Mitigations, ethical and appropriate use and dealing with concerns.
- Tools for teachers: Discuss specific tools or applications for GPT in the curriculum / best practices for using ChatGPT in the classroom.
- Pupil usage of ChatGPT: Using ChatGPT as a tool for learning.
- Safety and ethical considerations: Discuss the importance of ensuring that pupils use ChatGPT in an appropriate and ethical manner and provide guidance on how to address any concerns that may arise.
- Key takeaways, questions and shared experiences: this will feed in to the in person 1-day course later this year- date to be confirmed shortly.
The webinar is FREE to join.
Webinar registration link