IAPS national skiing championships 2023
Sunday, 5 March - Friday, 10 March
The 10th Anniversary of the Ski Championships will be celebrated in 2023. An exciting new programme has been developed, with the aim of growing the competition and embracing more disciplines.
The event will include the Giant Slalom, our signature event and one in which all children are expected to participate, as well as a new parallel slalom race and ski cross events. It is hoped that the parallel slalom will appeal to a wider range of schools and attract more girls to the competition.
Opening date: September 2022
Closing date: Nov/Dec 2022
Registering for the championships (with IAPS)
- Schools should first register for the championships via IAPS.
- A non-refundable £20 admin fee per competitor is payable upon registration.
- Schools must then book all other elements of the trip with the Bulferetti family.
Booking onto the championships (with the Bulferetti group)
- Whilst IAPS carries out the administration for the races and event programme, it does not have any involvement in the booking or provision of travel, accommodation, lift passes or ski hire.
- Schools must make these arrangements directly with the Bulferetti’s group.
- Full details of the costs including the Bulferetti cancellation policy can be found here (to follow).
- Flights are not included. Schools should book these individually.
- Please note: Flights & insurance are not included in the cost of the event and should be booked by your school seperately.
Age groups & entries
U9, U11 & U13
- This is a team event.
- Schools can enter a maximum of 16 competitors, with a ratio of 1 adult for every 6 competitors.
- Teams must be made up of competitors from the same school.
- The maximum number of children each school can enter is 16, with the ideal number being between 8 and 12. The restriction on numbers is to allow as many schools as possible to enter the event. We know smaller prep schools may only have a team of 4 to bring for one event. Bigger schools may wish to bring 16 skiers which is enough to give your best skiers a range of testing race experiences.
A risk assessment will be sent to all schools before the event.
Team supervision - IMPORTANT
Teams MUST be accompanied and led by a member of school staff who has appropriate safeguarding training and good skiing experience. Parents are welcome to attend but the event is a school trip and must be run by the school. Parents are required to make their own travel arrangements and book their own accommodation.
Click here (to follow) for a parent assemby presentation.
All competitors must attend an IAPS School.
Competitors ages must be taken from 1st September 2021.
Competitors may only enter one age group per competition.
Only a member of school staff, with a school email address, can book onto IAPS sports events online.
Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
Terms and Conditions
Schools must read and accept the Terms and Conditions before booking onto an IAPS event.
All IAPS Sports competitions are school events and we expect a member of school staff to attend. Parents cannot attend events in place of a member of school staff.
A full risk assessment is carried out between IAPS and host venues for each event. If you require a copy of the events risk assessment, please contact IAPS Sport.
IAPS is committed to protecting your personal data. Data will be processed for the purposes of responding to requests to enter and participate in IAPS sport events. The Association has a legitimate interest for processing basic and sensitive personal data and will only process and keep the minimum required data to organise and run events safely. IAPS will only share your data with third parties where necessary to do so to compete in an IAPS sporting event and to meet National Governing Bodies regulations. Further information is available here.
The IAPS media policy sets out our approach to the use of media supplied to the association by member schools, and the use of media by IAPS staff at sports events. It does not cover the use of media by individual schools at events. IAPS member schools should have their own policies to cover the use of media at events.
Photography advice at IAPS events
There is no professional photography at any IAPS event however parents and spectators can take their own pictures. There is no law against taking photos at public events for personal use, including pictures of other people's children (Ask the Police, 2018). IAPS asks parents and spectators to be cautious when sharing any images on social media. The NSPCC have useful advice on sharing images here.
Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
Children must never be subject to any form of treatment that is harmful, racist, abusive, humiliating or degrading. All reasonable steps must be taken to promote the interests and well-being of children and protect them from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment, as all children have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
IAPS's Safeguarding Policy and Procedures sets out our approach to safeguarding and child protection.
Anti Bullying Policy
Bullying is the use of aggression with the intention of hurting another person. Bullying results in pain and distress to the victim. IAPS Anti Bullying policy sets out our approach to bullying and the procedures in place to prevent bullying taking place at IAPS sports events.
Sport Events Manager | Designated Safeguarding Officer
[email protected] | 01926 461501
Sport Events Coordinator | Deputy Safeguarding Officer
[email protected] | 01926 461513
Phone 01926 887833
Email [email protected]
Please read the rules and regulations in full before entering the event.
Shirt Logos Ltd are the official merchandisers for IAPS Sport events. They are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of branded sports clothing and accessories for participants taking part in IAPS events both online and at events.
A range of products are available, specific to each individual sport, in a range of colours and sizes to suit all ages, including producing team hoodies for schools.
All the commission made from the merchandise is reinvested into the sports programme, to keep improving the events every year.
To see what is available to purchase, and to place an order, please visit the IAPS sport web shop here.
Please note that this is a third party website which is not governed by the IAPS privacy and cookie statements. Once you have used this link to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting the site.