What you need to know before you enter online
Please read the 'Championship instructions 2022' (link to follow) before booking onto the event.
How to book on to the championships
- You must book your school onto the swimming championships 2022 to take part.
- Scroll down this page (where you will see 'upcoming events') and select 'swimming championships 2022'.
- You must book all the different age groups you wish to enter.
- We need schools to enter online so we know who to expect results from.
Championship and Team Manager Instructions
- All championship information and instructions are available to view and download from our SharePoint folder here (link to follow).
Opening date: TBC
Closing date: TBC
National finals information pack
The national finals information pack explains everything schools, competitors and *spectators will need to know about the finals.
This document will be circulated to schools once the qualifying results have been published.
*subject to government and NGB restrictions, spectators may not be allowed to attend the national finals. We will update schools on this decision closer to the event.
Finals day timings
- Each year we rotate who swims in the morning and afternoon.
- This year it will be as follows:
- 0900-1300 - TBC ' session (entry from 0830)
- 1400-1800 - TBC ' session (entry from 1330)
Replacing individual swimmers
- If a swimmer cannot take part in their individual race due to injury, illness or other, the place will be offered to the next fastest swimmer (not to another swimmer at the school).
- If a competitor moves to another IAPS school between the time trials and the finals, they must represent the school they competed for at the time trials.
- If a competitor moves to a non IAPS school between the time trials and the finals, they will no longer be eligible to compete.
Replacing relay swimmers
- Relay teams should be made up of the same swimmers who swam at the time trials.
- Replacement swimmers are only accepted in case of illness or injury.
All competitors must attend an IAPS School.
Competitors ages must be taken from 1st September 2021.
Competitors may only enter one age group per competition.
Only a member of school staff, with a school email address, can book onto IAPS sports events online.
Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
Schools must read and accept the Terms and Conditions before booking for an event.
IAPS' Safeguarding Policy and Procedures sets out our approach to safeguarding and child protection at all events.
IAPS is committed to protecting your personal data. Data will be processed for the purposes of responding to requests to enter and participate in IAPS sport events. The Association has a legitimate interest for processing basic and sensitive personal data and will only process and keep the minimum required data to organise and run events safely. IAPS will only share your data with third parties where necessary to do so to compete in an IAPS sporting event and to meet National Governing Bodies regulations. Further information is available here.
Shirt Logos Ltd are the official merchandisers for IAPS Sport events. They are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of branded sports clothing and accessories for participants taking part in IAPS events both online and at events.
They have swimming finals 2020 merchandise available for you to purchase. Pleaase use the following order form to place an order.
Results are password protected, please contact the school for the password.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with the delay in publishing the qualifiers. Coronavirus has put quite a spanner in the works, not only for collating the results, but for IAPS’s entire sports programme!
We would like to thank all host schools for their endless commitment, dedication and enthusiasm in hosting a swimming gala. Hosting a qualifier isn’t easy, there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes and many hours are given to ensure that all competitors have the opportunity to swim.
Congratulations to all competitors who took part. We hope that the experience of taking part forms part of the building blocks to go onto bigger and better things.
The top 20 children from each individual race and top 20 relay teams would have qualified for the finals. Although it was disappointing that the national finals couldn’t go ahead this year, we hope that the qualifiers are proud of what they achieved!
Swimming finals merchandise is available to purchase. Please use the following order form to place your purchase.
We hope that your school community is safe and well throughout this period of uncertainty.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to another swimming qualifier and the national finals in 2021. Best of luck to all leavers for their future sport.
IAPS Sport Team
There are no upcoming events