Launching: Monday, 11 January 2021
The spring virtual championships will run for the whole spring term. Initially they can be completed with children who are still attending school during the lockdown. When schools fully reopen, you can complete the activities with your whole school community.
Aim: the aim of the virtual championships is to encourage as many children at your school to take part and be active. We would love for you to share your pictures and videos attempting the activities with us on twitter using #TEDVE
In line with the sports that are usually hosted in the spring term, the spring virtual championships will include the following sports:
- Health & Wellbeing – these activities are not competitive but are designed to help keep your children active.
Each sport includes 5 activities. Click here to see all activities. Each activity is accompanied with an explanation as to how to complete it and how to measure it. The activities have been kept as simple and fun as possible so that it is easy and fair to measure across schools.
- The virtual championships are school championships, not individual championships.
- Each activity has been designed so that all ages and genders can have a go.
- An unlimited number of children from your school can take part in each activity.
- You can enter all sports or just one or two.
- All participants who take part will have their score counted towards the overall activity total.
- Only one score per activity per participant (or pair) can count towards the activity total. e.g. Johnny can practice 5 times, on his 6th go his score will count.
- For each activity, add together all participants scores to give a cumulative activity score.
- Note the number of participants that have attempted each activity as this will be required for your average activity score.
Schools must follow DfE guidance and school risk assessments when completing all activities.
How to enter:
- Register your school below (from Monday, 11 January).
- You will be sent a link to a google spreadsheet to submit your scores.
- You have 4 weeks to try as many sports & activities as possible and record your results.
- Cost to enter: FREE!
For children remote learning, we have developed a weekly calendar of activities which can be completed at home, individually or with family members! They are not competitive but instead are fun activities helping to keep your children active and engaged throughout lockdown.
Starting on Monday each week will consist of:
- Million Monday
- Teamwork Tuesday
- Wellbeing Wednesday
- Ball Skills Thursday
- Fitness Friday
- Self-care Saturday
- Sleepy Sunday
Every Friday we will upload the following week's plan of activities. There is one activity a day which your children can do whenever they want throughout the day.
Monday’s are Million Monday’s. This means a new challenge! By the end of lockdown, we are aiming for 1 Million of each Monday’s activities to be completed. We are encouraging your children to attempt as many of that weeks activity as possible throughout lockdown and for you to record your total numbers with us. Results to be submitted online before Feb half term here.
Download the weekly activities here:
There are no upcoming events