Safeguarding Network: Writing Effective Referrals
This course will cover all of the below points to build staff confidence in writing an effective referral to children’s services.
Aims and objectives
- Legal framework and responsibilities
- Shared understanding of pressures
- Empathy, curiosity, confidence & a learning culture
- Structured approach
- Use of tools in risk assessment
- Open communication & feedback loops/escalation
Rachael Courage is a qualified social worker with 20 years practice experience. She is an experienced trainer in child safeguarding and child protection and has managed sexual exploitation and missing services for Barnardos, including setting up services in new areas and working with Child Safeguarding Assurance Partnership around their strategic response to child sexual exploitation.