IAPS members can potentially benefit from membership of the National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT). It is therefore anticipated that on election to membership of IAPS, a UK candidate school will pay for the head to become a member of NAHT.
All members of IAPS are offered the benefits of NAHT membership. As such, they enjoy the following:
- Expert educational management advice
- Legal representation and trade union support
- Advice on employment, salaries, conditions of service and pensions
- Education news, analysis and information
- Publications and online resources including guides, model policies and advice documents
- Professional development, conferences and networking opportunities
- Influencing national and local government policies
- Dedicated 24 hour confidential stress and bereavement phone line
- Discounts and special rates on a range of professional and personal products and services
Overseas heads are also eligible for NAHT membership. Overseas schools will receive access to the website materials, advice and information that the NAHT provide, enjoying the same benefits as UK members, though unlike the UK, NAHT is only able to offer legal support and specialist advice to those operating in the British legal system. An international member’s location will also impact the regional officer support they receive. Please note NAHT can use its discretion to support international members if the jurisdiction they’re working in and their location allow this, but this is absolutely not guaranteed.
Important: international members must check if the benefits they want/choose are available in their geographic location.
All members have access to CPD course/events and affinity partner benefits. For more information, please visit the NAHT website , or call 0300 30 30 333 to speak to an advisor.
You can use the same number if your call concerns professional advice about your employment or the management of your school. You will need your membership number and password.