When does it take place?
The Golf Championships takes place in the summer term.
- For events in the Autumn term, bookings will open during the Summer term preceding it.
- For events in the Spring term, bookings will open during the Autumn term.
- For events in the Summer term, bookings will open during the Spring term.
- This competition is open to U10, U11, U12 and U13 competitors.
- This competition is for both individual or team entries.
- A team is made up of 3 players per age group.
- Schools can enter only 1 team per age group.
- Pupils can only take part in one age group throughout the whole competition.
- If you have a child at your school who you would like to get involved in one of our events, but an adaptation would be required, please contact the sport team to discuss. [email protected]
- Competitors must be competent golfers and not total beginners.
- The event is not handicapped but we ask you to provide children's handicaps (if they have one) on the booking form to make scheduling the tee times easier.
- Competitors can play a practice round the day before the competition or anytime in the lead up to the competition.
- Please contact Tom Sheffield directly at the golf club to book your practice round.
- The competition will take place on the Avening Course.
- A modified stableford scoring system will be used.
- Schools must provide one marker per team, this must be a member of school staff and not a parent/ guardian.
- If schools are invited to enter more than one team, an additional marker will need to be provided by the school.
- If schools are unable to provide a marker for their team, they risk being withdrawn from the competition.
Other facilities available
- When competitors are not taking part in the competition, they can use the chipping green, driving range and golf nets at the club.
- There is no accommodation available on site.
Competitor detailsOnce you have booked, you will be asked to provide some details about your competitors before the event. In line with GDPR, only essential information is collected in order to be able to organise the sports event.
Opening date: Tuesday 24 January
Closing date: Friday 10 March
Cost of entry: £70 per individual. This includes lunch.