When does it take place?
The Sailing Championships takes place in the summer term.
For events in the Autumn term, bookings will open during the Summer term preceding it.
For events in the Spring term, bookings will open during the Autumn term.
For events in the Summer term, bookings will open during the Spring term.
- U11 competition - Wednesday 24th May 2023
- U13 competition - Thursday 25th May 2023
- Pupils can only participate in one age group throughout the competition.
- There are 30 Zest's available for each age group.
- The Zest is a versatile dinghy for beginners through to stage 4 sailors. It has an adaptable mast which allows for a jib, the children will doublehand the dinghy.
- For more information about this dinghy, visit the RS website here.
- Each school is limited to four boats with two sailors in each boat per day (eight pupils in total).
- Sailors must have a minimum of RYA Stage 2.
- All sailors must complete a parent/guardian consent and declaration form.
- Schools must book online via the IAPS website first.
- Once you have made your booking online, the Andrew Simpson Watersports Centre will be notified and will contact you requesting your participant information and to arrange any accommodation or race training
- Four races are scheduled daily, weather dependent.
- A combination of windward-leeward and/or triangle/sausage courses will be sailed.
- The races take place in Portland Harbour.
- Accommodation is available at RYA Portland House, breakfast and evening meals are available at the Sailing Academy.
- Please contact the Andrew Simpson Watersports Centre if you wish to book.
- The Andrew Simpson Watersports Centre offers pre-event race training at a reduced rate for 1/2 or full days. Please contact the centre directly to book any pre-race training.
Competitor detailsOnce you have booked, you will be asked to provide some details about your competitors before the event. In line with GDPR, only essential information is collected in order to be able to organise the sports event.
The sailing centre will also collect competitor details and require an indemnity form to be completed.
Opening date: Tuesday 24 January
Closing date: Friday 10 March
Cost of entry: £150 per boat. This includes lunch for the sailors.