IAPS supplies copyright licences for all independent schools registered with the Department of Education (DfE) regardless of whether they are members of IAPS. More information on what is covered by each licence can be found on the DfE website. Copyright and Schools also explains which licenses you need to use copyrighted material. 

Schools not covered by the DfE licence, including independent schools, are required to take out their own licence. 

Copyright billing
IAPS act as a billing agent for the Copyright Licensing Agency and the Motion Picture Licensing Company. We send out a single invoice on 1 April each year on behalf of these agencies. In addition to the above we are pleased to announce as from 1 April 2021 a new partnership with Christian Copyright Licensing International for IAPS to administer the issuing of Collective Worship copyright licences to independent schools.

To understand why we are invoicing you and how we calculated your invoice, you can read the guidance on the DfE website or download a copy of the relevant renewal letter for a CLA licence, an MPLC licence or a CCLI licence. You can also download a copy of your MPLC licence here but please note that it will not be valid until payment has been received.

For information about:

  • Schools Printed Music Licence (SPML), including terms and support materials, click here
  • NLA Media Access Schools Licence, including terms and support materials and how to set up a Newspapers for Schools account, click here

For more information on copyright licences or billing, please email our accounts team or call 01926 461506.

IAPS also represents independent schools on the Education Licensing Working Group.